Jottings By An Employer's Lawyer

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blogging As a Habit, Or Not


When I started this little venture more than nine years ago now, I knew nothing about blogging. Almost a decade later I now know more, but I continually learn new things.

This summer what I have learned is that just as with many other things, posting is a habit. For a long time, I posted with great regularity, but this summer I most definitely have not.  In fact, to quote my friend and Canadian counterpart, Michael Fitzgibbons who has been at this almost as long as me, "I just can't believe it's been nearly 2 months since I wrote my last post.... the longest gap in 8 years."

Modify the time frames slightly and it works for me as well.

Michael of course is growing his new law firm which is a better excuse than I have. I have been busy with my regular law practice, working on some special projects for my firm and spending way too much time griping about the hottest summer in Austin's history.

But most of all what I have learned is that if I don't post regularly, like any other good habit, it doesn't take long before posting slips out of the conscious mind.

Mea culpa.





Comments: Post a Comment

An Affiliate of the Law.com Network


From the Law.com Newswire

[about RSS] Law.com Privacy Policy
Google
WWW Jottings