Jottings By An Employer's Lawyer

Friday, July 14, 2006

If You Are Preparing Your CEO To Testify - You Need to Read This


Ross Laguzza is a great source of information (and a nice guy as well) and is quoted extensively in an article by commercial litigator, Linda Listrom, Keep Executive Witnesses From Falling Off the Credibility Cliff, that should be on your reading list if you are preparing an executive to give testimony.

Over the last couple of years I have been fortunate enough to be invited to give a presentation, How Employers Make Juries Mad and Pay For It With Big Verdicts, to several groups across the country. One area I stress is the danger of what I refer to as "top dog behavior." I now have a great new quote from Dr. Laguzza:
Show me a highly verbal executive and I will show you the fast lane to punitive damages.
That one is close enough to the mark to merit your close attention.


Comments: Post a Comment

An Affiliate of the Law.com Network


From the Law.com Newswire

[about RSS] Law.com Privacy Policy
Google
WWW Jottings