Jottings By An Employer's Lawyer

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Unionizing the Pizza Delivery Guy


Don't look now, but the fellow bringing your next pizza could be a member of the Association of Pizza Delivery Drivers, which at least based on the NYT story, Pizza Drivers Seek National Union may be the first union born in internet chat rooms. Although no successful elections yet, the group does have 600 members.

While I am not sure exactly what the union will do about it, one of the leaders does have a fairly graphic description of one of the hazards of the job:
A lighted pizza sign on a car in a bad area says, `Look at me -- I've got food, I've got cash and I'm unarmed.



Comments: Post a Comment

An Affiliate of the Law.com Network


From the Law.com Newswire

[about RSS] Law.com Privacy Policy
Google
WWW Jottings