Jottings By An Employer's Lawyer

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Oxycontin - Problem with Drug of Choice for On the Job Injuries?


Since I don't actually handle workers compensation cases (or other personal injury cases for that matter) I don't know as much about the medical aspects of cases as many lawyers do. However, just in the course of cases I do handle, from disability to workers comp retaliation, it is not that unusual for me to get some insight into the various medications that are frequently used. But till today, I had never heard of oxycontin, and was surprised at the story about this apparently heavily prescribed medicine in the Workers Comp Insider. The drug is apparently more powerful than morphine and is typically prescribed in 50 day doses, which has led to a real problem with diversion. My guess is that I will be hearing more about this one.


Comments: Post a Comment

An Affiliate of the Law.com Network


From the Law.com Newswire

[about RSS] Law.com Privacy Policy
Google
WWW Jottings